Camp Gurmat 2019 (July 7 - 13, 2019)
PLEASE NOTE FOLLOWING CHANGES THIS YEAR:
1. Because of the restrictions on the # persons permitted in the Main Hall it has been decided to hold final program of Saturday July 13’ 2019 at Guru Gobind Singh Foundation Gurdwara Sahib premises located 13814 Travilah Rd, Rockville, MD 20850.
2. Parents are requested to drop campers at Smith Center site on Sunday July 7th NOT BEFORE 5:00 p.m. and pick up Saturday July 13th NLT 10:00 a.m. If you are unable to make it on last day of camp at Smith Center site by 10:00 a.m., please let me know at CampGurmat@gmail.com. This will help us plan out for your kids’ transportation to Gurdwara Sahib – item #1 above - on final (July 13th) day Diwan.
3. The Gatka performance will be held at Smith Center facility on Thursday July 11th. Keeping item #1 above in mind, it is a heartfelt request to Parents – after Gatka performance - to please follow as below:
i. The registered campers will go to the Main Hall for meals
ii. Parents/guests are requested to please seat themselves in the open shed to be served meals
To learn the Teachings of our Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib. To create an atmosphere where one can learn and enjoy Meditation and then can continue at home. To learn Sikh History and Gurmat.
Lothrop E. Smith Environmental Education Center
5110 Meadowside Lane
From 495 take 270 North. Exit Shady Grove Road going east. Go about 3 miles, turn right at Mancaster Mill Road. Go another 3 miles and turn right on Meadowside Lane. The facility is on your right.
Please contact Hargurpreet Singh
At 301-236-9312 or email to CampGurmat@gmail. com
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES
The Camp will start on July 8, 2018. Please plan to arrive around 5:00 p.m. The Camp will end on July 14, 2018. CAMPERS MUST CHECK OUT BY 10:00 a.m. from dorms. Parents are requested to attend the final program on July 14, 2018.
AGE LIMIT (AS OF JULY 31’ 2018)
Minimum 7 years
Maximum 17 years.
The following are minimum suggested items that campers must bring with them:
1. Clothes for a week
2. Sufficient undergarments
3. Long sleeve jacket/sweater
4. Insect repellent
5. Pagri/Patka or Chunni
6. Two bed sheets, a pillow and a blanket
7. Laundry bag
10. Soap, deodorant, toothpaste, comb, Shower cap (must) etc.
11. Towels – 2 at least
12.Harmonium and Tabla
13. Small Fan
Please mark all items for identification.
NO CHEWING GUM, CANDIES, RADIOS.
Any person coming/departing by air, the nearest airports are BWI International (preferred) and Dulles International.
Please reserve the plane tickets so the arrival is in the evening of 7-8-2018 whereas departure is after 6:00 p.m. on 7-14-18.
- During all evening diwans, male campers are required to wear Kurta
Pajama and Pagri.
- Female campers are required to wear salwar kameez and chunni.
- All campers are required to get ready before the diwan starts.