Camp Gurmat 2019 Rules
To help serve our children best, please read/share the importance of following with them:
1. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL to all, be ON TIME, LISTEN TO COUNSELORS AND OTHER ORGANIZERS.
2. No child may roam around ALONE. His/her group counselor must accompany all children at all times.
3. No child is allowed out of Camp Limits without proper permission.
4. Boys shall not be allowed in the girls’ dorms and vice versa.
5. Attendance in classes and Divans is mandatory for all campers/counselors.
6. No talking or disturbance during Divans/classes.
7. All campers are expected to follow instructions given by the counselors.
8. No shorts are allowed during Divans.
9. Be respectful of other campers and counselors.
10. No fighting shall be allowed. Any concerns shall be brought to the attention of the Counselor immediately.
11. ANY CAMPER FOUND OUTSIDE THE DORM AFTER 10:15 P.M. AND BEFORE 6:00 A.M. WITHOUT PROPER WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION SLIP SHALL RESULT INTO EXPULSION AUTOMATICALLY.
12. Parents are requested to visit their children during the visiting hours (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm) only. No parents are allowed in the classrooms unless they are instructors/teachers. Please treat all youth as your own and do not show special attention to your kids, unless they have specific medical needs, etc. A charge of $5.00 per person per meal has been decided for all outsiders that would like to dine during the camp.
PLEASE NOTE FOLLOWING CHANGES THIS YEAR:
1. Because of the restrictions on the # persons permitted in the Main Hall it has been decided to hold final program of Saturday July 13’ 2019 at Guru Gobind Singh Foundation Gurdwara Sahib premises located 13814 Travilah Rd, Rockville, MD 20850.
2. Parents are requested to drop campers at Smith Center site on Sunday July 7th NOT BEFORE 5:00 p.m. and pick up Saturday July 13th NLT 10:00 a.m. If you are unable to make it on last day of camp at Smith Center site by 10:00 a.m., please let me know at CampGurmat@gmail.com. This will help us plan out for your kids’ transportation to Gurdwara Sahib – item #1 above - on final (July 13th) day Diwan.
3. The Gatka performance will be held at Smith Center facility on Thursday July 11th. Keeping item #1 above in mind, it is a heartfelt request to Parents – after Gatka performance - to please follow as below:
i. The registered campers will go to the Main Hall for meals
ii. Parents/guests are requested to please seat themselves in the open shed to be served meals
Important Notice for Parents
THE “GATKA PERFORMANCE” IS SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY July 12, 2019 AROUND 7:00 P.M. ALL PARENTS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND. PARENTS ARE REQUESTED TO EAT DINNER BEFORE VISITING CAMP. DINNER WILL NOT BE SERVED AT CAMP.- GGSF Management
DAILY VISITING HOURS: 3:00 PM – 5:00PM