Join our family of sewadars (volunteers) at Guru Gobind Singh Foundation ~ Sikh Spiritual Center to help us serve our extended families. Please know we can only continue to serve those in need with your help and support. Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Please note that by volunteering you agree to strictly follow the guidelines below:
- Have you or anyone in your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 21 days: sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
- Have you or anyone in your household been tested for COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your household visited or received treatment in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care, or other health care facility in the past 30 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled to the U.S. in the past 21 days?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled on a cruise ship in the last 21 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household a health care provider or emergency responder?
- Have you or anyone in your household cared for an individual who is in quarantine or is a presumptive positive or has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Do you have any reason to believe you or anyone in your household has been exposed to or acquired COVID-19?
- To the best of your knowledge have you been in close proximity to any individual who tested positive for COVID-19?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions please see a medical professional and refrain from volunteering
- All volunteers must be at least 13 years of age to help outside and 15 to help pack langar
- SSL Hours will be awarded – please bring your own form
- Face mask is compulsory for everyone whilst on Gurudwara Sahib premises
- Keep a distance of 6 feet from other people at all times
- Please bring your own head covering
- Please remove shoes near the back door (if serving inside)
- Please wash your hands and wear gloves
- Water and Phone breaks away from the langar packing tables, please change gloves before returning to pack the meals
- Please kindly refrain from talking whilst packing the meals (Langar Hall)
- Please kindly leave at end of your shift time slot, so we can safely transition into the next time slot and keep all our volunteers safe
- We never say no to anyone wanting to take langar home, however, we would appreciate your support and understanding if we can first give priority to those families in need
GGSF is committed to serving the community at large
During these challenging times, we at GGSF are committed to serving the community at large. In celebration of kindness, we hope to provide freshly prepared meals, brand new blankets, indian suits, beanies, gloves, winter coats, rice, beans, new toys, and more for over 600 refugee families at Parkview Gardens in PG County on Wednesday, December 1st, 2021.
Please sign up to donate (as many as your heart desires) with the link below. Contact the person listed on the flyer (in the photo) or Drop off at GGSF, Sikh Spiritual Center. 13814 Travailah Rd, Rockville 20850. Kindly leave your donations on the table outside the main door at a time convenient for yourself, by Monday, 29th of November 2021.
If you have any questions, please feel free to text Aman Shergill at 609-751-8729